This year’s Men’s Lacrosse Banquet will be held on Friday March 29, 2019. It’s early this year. Requesting a quick RSVP from each family no later than Thursday March 21, 2019.
The Banquet will be in the O’Dea Room at the Talley Center. The evening will begin with cocktails at 6:00pm. A buffet dinner will begin at 7:00 pm, followed by a tribute to the senior players. There will be a cash bar available before and during dinner.
As part of your contribution earlier this year, each player is permitted up to two family members to attend at no cost. Any additional family members or guests must pay $35 with a check payable to Peter Black. Please bring check to next weekend’s games to either Peter or Jean Testa or me.
Please RSVP to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the number attending from your family. Do not include your players in your headcount, they are already accounted for.
Hope you can join us on March 29th to celebrate our players, coaches and our 2019 season!!
P.S. The senior class parents are hoping for a few underclassmen parents to assist with the set-up of the banquet on Friday March 29th. Please let Jean or me know if you can help. On another note, the senior class is attempting to document our learnings on key events so future classes will benefit.
The preseason is now behind us and time to start focusing on the beginning of the regular season. I have a few updates to make you aware of as we move forward.
1. The Maryland game has been moved to a 3PM start time.
2. Season Tickets – ticket information has been posted on the University website. I suggest getting the parking pass in addition to the tickets. VU Ticket Office
3. Tailgate Organization – On the parent website, the schedule reflects which class is responsible for each tailgate. There is a budget of $750 for each tailgate but we’d like to keep the grab and go tailgates under if possible to allow a little more for the other tailgates. I’ll be in contact with the class tailgate reps to relay specific information about location, timing and coaches requests. Before each game I’ll send a map with details on parking, tailgate and game locations.
4. Away Game info – There is a page on the website to accumulate information about away games to help parents with travel plans as well as information to help those responsible for the tailgate planning. If you have info to share on the site, please send it to me and add it. This is intended to be a historical collect of info for future reference, not an indication of current or future schedules.
5. Attendance sheet – please use the attendance sheet to help with the planning of tailgates. Having an idea of accurate attendance will allow for efficient tailgate planning without much waste.
6. TV games – The Big East Digital Network will cover some games this year as well as some other networks like LSN and CBSSN. Details are coming in now but as of now the Drexel, Denver and Georgetown games will be broadcast in addition to the Big East Championships. I will send more specifics as I get them. Follow the link above to download the FoxSportsGo app and figure out your authentication with your cable TV provider now so you have it ready to go before you need it.
16 days until the team’s first scrimmage at Rutgers. Time for us to start getting ready as well. Here are a few items to consider.
- Schedule – the schedule has been published and is probably pretty set although there can always be a few tweaks. A couple of interesting twists this year are two “doubleheader” weekends. The first is the Philadelphia Lacrosse Challenge when we play U. Penn on Friday, 3/8 and Drexel Sunday, 3/10. The second is two weeks later when we play at Fairfield on Saturday, 3/23 then at Brown on Monday, 3/25. This year, the regular season away game at Denver is on 4/6 and hopefully a follow up trip to Denver for the BigEast Championships the first weekend in May.
- Senior banquet – Traditionally, this is held the Friday before the last home regular season game but since that is Easter weekend, we need to do it the home game before vs Marquette. The Banquet is a celebration of the season with a farewell to the seniors. The entire team and coaching staff will attend and the parents of the players are invited. There will be more details as the season progresses but you can save the date for the banquet. It will be in the Talley Athletic Center’s O’Dea Terrace Lounge in the evening of Friday, 3/29.
- Hotels – Each family is on their own to arrange hotels for all away and home games. We were able to secure a discounted rate for you at the Devon Courtyard Marriott for your convenience if you need a hotel near Villanova. Details of the discount codes can be found in the previous post.
- Tailgates – Each class will be responsible for a tailgate starting with the Senior parents for the Rutgers game and rotating through each class each game. The responsible class will organize the main course and every family attending, regardless of class should use the tailgate signup sheet to bring other requested items. I will send a message at the beginning of each week with details of the following week’s tailgates. Included in that email will be a headcount spreadsheet to help estimate the number of people who will be at each tailgate.
- Tickets – Each player is able to leave two tickets at the Will Call window for guests. There are some restrictions on those tickets that make it a little cumbersome like you need a photo ID and must go directly into the stadium with no readmission. If your son is like most, regular reminders will be required each game. Another option is to get tickets through the ticket office. I expect any day now the University ticket office will have details for ordering game tickets. When I received that information, I will send it to you right away. If you decide to order tickets, there will be an option for season or individual game parking passes. It will save a step to get a pass with your tickets to ease the parking process on gameday.
- Website – I will do my best to keep this site updated with as much current information as possible. Please check this if you have a question to see if I have already posted the answer. If you don’t see the answer here, please send me an email because there are probably others with the same question. I will post the answer on the website and send a group email.
- Rutgers Scrimmage – Rutgers has an indoor field should the weather not cooperate for this scrimmage. The decision won’t be made until the week of the scrimmage so it will be a little hard to coordinate but here is the tentative plan. Should the game be moved inside the bubble, there is no room for spectators. If the game is played outside, we will attend and tailgate in a parking lot like normal. More details on the Rutgers tailgate will be coming soon.
- Tailgate fund payment – I think most families have sent Peter Black their assessment fee. This fee covers tailgates, the banquet and other misc costs. If you have not yet discussed or sent that to him, please try to do it soon. Here is the previous post for details.